Since the existence of God cannot be proved or disproved through reason, and there is much to be gained from wagering that God exists and little to be gained from wagering that God doesn’t exist, a rational person should simply wager that God exists and live accordingly.
Here are multiple reasons why it makes more sense to consider Pascals Wager over non belief.
1. Science, no matter how advanced it gets can never disprove God
2. The odds of the universe popping into existence from nothing, then immediately being fine tuned within life permitting parameters are astronomical! (less than total number of particles in the entire universe itself, or 15 billion years worth of seconds)
3. If God exists and Christianity is true, your life on earth is so infinitesimally short compared to Eternity, what little suffering you endure for your faith will become milliseconds. (relatively)
4. If you accept Christ, live according to his teachings, only to find God doesn't exist in death. You still led a good life, more than likely had a lot of people who cared about and thought highly of your character.
5. And finally if you reject God completely, and in death find the truth of what the Bible claims, there is no possible sin, lifestyle, or lifetime that could ever be worth eternal separation from God.
ConclusionThese premises are all true therefore the conclusion follows; choose Christ. what else? If you sincerely seek him then you won't have to use wagers or arguments to rationally believe, he will make himself known to you.
29 But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.